Asbestos Question: How Dangerous is Asbestos in Exterior Siding Shingles?
I bought an house of the 1950′s and was not told that its shingles were made from Asbestos or asbestos containing materials (ACM).
They are in pretty good shape and last year I pained over them, encapsulated these shingles and exterior siding shingles.
I learned that it is very expensive to remove the Asbestos shingles, thousands of dollars. Some of my neighbors put new siding over their old asbestos shingles but the asbestos stays underneath.
My question is: how dangerous are these shingles and how best to remove these?
Best Answer: How Dangerous is Asbestos in Exterior Siding Shingles…
Answer for How Dangerous is Asbestos in Exterior Siding Shingles.
You then painted it, which is also a good thing. So just keep an eye on it over time, and it won’t be a problem.
For everything you ever wanted to know about asbestos and then some, check the link. Your situation is one of the LEAST problematic.
See our other Asbestos Questions, Answers and FAQ, and information on Asbestos Related Topics.
Incoming search terms:
- Is Asbestos Siding Dangerous
- Asbestos Shingles Dangerous
- are asbestos shingles dangerous
- asbestos siding dangers
- how dangerous are exterior asbestos shinges
- how dangerous is asbestos siding
- Is asbestos sideing dangerous?
- dangerous shingles on houses
- cost of removing asbestos siding
- Asbestos/Asphalt in Exterior of houses is it dangerous?